Botox and Dysport are the number one non-surgical cosmetic procedure in the US today. Botox and Dysport safely smooth the lines and wrinkles associated with expression. Botox and Dysport injections improve and soften the appearance of frown lines, laugh lines, crow’s feet and other dynamic wrinkles with no downtime. You’ll maintain your natural appearance, but without the creases and wrinkles!
How Does A Botox/Dysport Treatment Work?
Botox and Dysport are an injectable purified protein that stops the contraction of muscles around the injection site. A small quantity in key muscles virtually erases wrinkles located on the face, like expression lines around the eyes, between the brows and on the forehead.* The protein stops nerve impulses from reaching the muscles. When the muscles responsible for wrinkle formation can’t contract, the wrinkle quickly fades. Botox or Dysport will not improve static wrinkles, only those related to expression. A very small needle is used in the treatment and the whole procedure takes about 15 minutes, after which you can return to most normal activities. Other than a chance of light bruising or slight swelling, there is no downtime. Botox and Dysport have been used cosmetically for over 15 years and have one of the best safety profiles in medicine, with very few side effects. Looking for more information on Botox – Dysort, Call JEM Medspa today!
*Individual results and experience may vary.
The most common treatment areas are:
- frown lines also called 11 lines or glabella
- forehead lines
- “crow’s feet”(lines around the eyes)
However, Botox and Dysport are versatile drugs and at JEM Med Spa it can be used for:
- Nefertiti necklift- This is a procedure which redefines the elegant lines of the jaw and neck for a youthful, tighter, more contoured appearance without surgery. Botox / Dysport injections are used to redefine the jawline and provide ‘lifting’ in the neck area.
- platysmal bands ( neck bands) – the platysmal muscle becomes stretched and droops with age. Treating the neck bands with Botox or dysport prevents the platysma from contracting, thereby smoothing the bands and the neck.
- microtox – The areas between the bands can also be treated with microinjections of dilute botulinum toxin to soften it further.” Microtox May also be used in the face to improve skin texture and/ or minimize poor size
- Gummy Smile- When a person smiles, it is normal for the teeth and just a small amount of gums to be visible. Those with a gummy smile, however, show an excessive amount of gums when they smile. This tends to occur when the upper lip muscle pulls the lip up too high, when teeth are too short or gums too long, or when a person has a thin upper lip, which can create the impression of too much gum. You can treat this non- surgically with a few injections of Botox/Dysport that causes the muscles of the upper lip to relax, meaning your lip is able to cover more of your gums when you smile.
- Bruxism- – this aching ailment causes irritation in the jaw area and often lead to teeth grinding and pain in the jaw area. We can help here at JEM Medspa by using Botox to relax the jaw (masseter) muscle and dramatically reduce the effect of this disorder.
- Excessive sweating, or hyperhidrosis – Botox is effectively used for excessive sweating by blocking the release of acetylcholine, thus causing sweat glands to stop producing sweat. Around 20-25 minor injections to the underarm area effectively reduces sweating by up to 90% within 2 days period, lasting up to 10 month, or even longer.
Botox for an orange peel chin
- The chin can develop an excessively dimpled, pebbly or orange peel (peau d’orange) look. The orange peel (peau d’orange) appearance of the chin gets worse whenever the Mentalis muscle (chin muscle) contracts. Bu injecting 6-8 units of Botox, the chin can obtain a smoother, more youthful appearance.