There are lots of ways to change the look of your eyebrows – tweezing, waxing, shaping, etc. – and ways to enhance your lashes – mascara, lash curlers, primer, etc. But what the heck is brow and lash tinting? Simply put, brow and eyelash tinting uses semi-permanent vegetable dye to add color, shape and thickness to dull eyebrows and lashes in need of some new life.
IS IT SAFE?
Customers who are interested in the brow and lash tinting procedures often wonder whether they’re safe. The short answer is yes, as long as it’s done by “a well-trained and highly experienced Aesthetician.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- – Granulomas – or small areas of inflamed tissue
- – Contact dermatitis – also known as a rash
- – Eye infection
- – Blindness
HOW IT WORKS & WHAT TO EXPECT?
Eyelash tinting gives added definition and makes mascara unnecessary until the tinted eyelashes fall out and new ones grow in. Usually, that takes about four to six weeks.
Here’s how it’s done:
- – The Aesthetician applies a protective cream under the eyes to make sure your skin doesn’t stain.
- – A cotton curvy pad is placed on top of the cream.
- – You shut your eyes.
- – The easthetician applies the tint to your eyelashes using a fine brush.
- – The lashes have to “set” for at least 10 minutes.
BENEFITS OF EYELASH TINTING
It’s a quick and inexpensive process. It’s great for summer, when you want to hop in the pool or the ocean but you don’t want your mascara to run. Tinted eyelashes won’t run while you’re in the water. For light-colored or graying eyelashes, this procedure is a quick fix to darken your lashes and make them bolder.
Eyebrow tinting helps people with “barely there” brows to achieve a bolder look that can redefine their whole face. Eyebrow tinting typically lasts between six and eight weeks. When hair falls out, so does the tint.
Here’s how it’s done:
- – The Aesthetician will protect your eye with either an eye patch or pad and apply a protective cream around the brows.
- -A cotton applicator dipped in dye will be used to apply the solution to the eyebrows.
- – After the solution dries, the excess solution will be washed away using soap and water.
Don’t try it at home! Leave it to the expert staff at JEM Medspa.